Monday, May 12, 2008

Are you kidding me?

Okay so most days I don't mind being manager of our complex, but there are some days when I would like to punch some people in the face. About 10 minutes ago I see there is a message and unfortunately decided to listen. It is a tenant (of course) and they are wanting to know when their new stove is coming. Okay let me give you some background.... these kids who can't both be over the age of 20 just got married and think they are the coolest people in the whole world. First they wont let anyone work in their apartment unless they are there (I guess they are worried someone might steal their hand me down crap), they are always being complained about by their neighbor, and they call every week about their stupid stove they say doesn't work. Jose who is our new maintenance guy has been to their apartment at least 4 times and says every time that their stove works great. So thinking it is in working order we stop the shipment of the new stove. Two days later I get another phone call, they tell me it is not working again. Jose comes back over (Jose manages his own complex and doesn't have a lot of time to deal with stupid crap like this) after about 5 minutes in his apartment he comes and gets me to show me their stove. When I get to their apartment all four burners are blazing and the stove is roaring, so it works. So tonight I get this phone call and just want to call the kid and say "I don't care if your wife is a crappy cook and can't get a stove to turn on we are not getting you a new one so just deal with it." So I guess I am putting this on the blog so I don't make a huge jerk of myself and I will have Dave deal with it in the morning.
If you do read this thanks for listening to the stupid crap that goes on at our complex.

Oh yeah I am doing some major updating tonight!

2 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

HAHA, it sounds like these guys just don't like the look of their stove and are wanting a brand new one that looks nicer. Some people are just so stupid, and think that the whole world revolves around them.

EmmaJ said...

I just wanted to let you know, even though you aren't managing any more, that I feel your pain about stupid tenants. We managed a 56 unit place in Provo with both single and married buildings guys and girls. It was a nightmare! Steve still has bad dreams about that place.