Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Posted by The Blacks at 6:46 PM
Saturday, December 6, 2008
1. Did you date someone from your high school? Not really.
2. What kind of car did you drive? First I drove a 1984 Blaser that was called the "beast". My senior year me and my sister shared a Corsica my parents paid $400 for.
4. Were you a party animal? I tried to be.....I don't think I was considered one.
5. Were you considered a flirt? I tried to be that also but mostlikly came across as a crazy girl.
6. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Chior
7. Were you a nerd? Heck No. Probably.
8. Were you on any varsity teams? Volleyball, I made up the cheers. "Smash it in their face, Kick em' in the ace!"
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled? No
10.Can you still sing the fight song? I had to know it for choir. I can sing most of it but make up the words here and there.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? I liked all of my teachers. Mr. D. was probably my favorite.
12. Where did you sit for lunch? In the hall,or Grandma Jennie's office.
13. What is your school's full name? Payson High School
14. What is your school's mascot and colors? Lion, and our colors were green and silver.
15. Did you go to homecoming and with who? I went my sophmore year with Ryan Barlow.
16. If you could go back and do it over again would you? NO! I don't think I could handle the drama again. Plus I have an adorable baby boy!
17. What do you remember most about graduation? Be so glad to move out and get to Blanding.
18. Where did you go for "Senior Skip Day?" I skipped alot. I don't think there was a skip day.
19. Were you in any clubs? The government club, I can't remeber the name. Only so I could go to the state capital with Justine.
20. Have you gained some weight since then? Too much.
21. Who was your prom date? Jake Hiatt sophmore year, Marc Rowley junior, and Spencer Nelson seinor year.
22. Are you planning on going to your 10-year reunion? Maybe, if I live in Utah still.
23. Did you have a job in high school? Yes, I worked at Subway. It was sweet, free sandwich everynight!
Posted by The Blacks at 5:26 PM
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Posted by The Blacks at 12:02 PM
Monday, December 1, 2008
This is a Tag. I don't usually do tags but this one sounded fun. It also made me see that I need to organize my pictures. If you haven't done this one, do it. Upload the fourth picture of the fourth file in you pictures and tell us about it.
This is an adorable picture of Chandler at 3 months. He is wearing his golfing hat (thanks Anbre) and his chick magnet shirt. This was when he was starting to smile and I was taking tons of pictures. Not much to tell other than that he is super cute.
Posted by The Blacks at 6:10 PM
I love winter and all of the soups that come with it. My Aunt Tracy is a domestic goddess and shared this recipie with me. It is super yummy and great for cold winter days. I make mine in the crockpot and it is sooooooooooo good. I thought I would share it with you:
Chicken Chili (Ronni's way)
1lb Chicken (breast or tenderloin work well)
1 medium onion chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 can chicken broth
1 can chopped green chilies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp gound cumin
1 tsp dry oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
Throw everything in the crockpot and let it cook on low all day or at least 4 hours. The chicken can be frozen (you will need to cook it longer).
2 cans great northern beans
Add beans to chicken 1 hour before serving.
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream
Stir in sour cream and whipping cream 1/2 hour before serving.
* I just use sour cream and thicken it with cornstarch.*
Serve in bread bowls or with bread sticks.
Posted by The Blacks at 1:33 PM
Posted by The Blacks at 1:28 PM
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
We are going to take the leap of finally going private. Now that we are back online I will be making the switch Monday December 1st . Please if you have not given me your email and are wanting to veiw our blog send me it so I can add you.
Posted by The Blacks at 1:01 PM
Friday, November 21, 2008
Posted by The Blacks at 6:20 PM
We are excited to say we have been reconnected with the internet! The blogging is going to be better than ever!
Chandler is getting so big. He loves to throw his balls around all day long. He also likes to carry them all at once. While cleaning up one day he came in the room and this is what I saw.... He was holding the balls that wouldn't fit in his hand with his face. It was so funny. He does this all the time and gets really mad when he drops one. I guess you could say he is my little Gus Gus (you know the mouse on Cinderella that tried to carry all the corn at once).
Posted by The Blacks at 2:15 PM
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Posted by The Blacks at 7:04 PM
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Hello friends and family. You may have been wondering if we fell off the face of the earth, we haven't. We are still without internet and have been super busy. Just wanted all of you to know we are still alive.
Posted by The Blacks at 3:38 PM
Friday, September 12, 2008
Okay so I am at my mom house this weekend and have a computer with Internet so I will up date you all on our life's since our move. Lets see. We moved to Centerville in June and love it. We seriously have the greatest ward in the whole wide world. they are the greatest people and have made us feel so welcome. We have been enjoying the warm weather and have rode our bikes lots. Nothing to exciting happened in June because we were still managing the apartment complex until July. That was not to fun. People crying about every little problem really seem obnoxious when we were 30 miles away. It went fast though and we are so glad we are done with the managing business.
July was really eventful. We went on our first non managing vacation. It was so nice to go to Blanding and not have to worry about water problems, air problems, or annoying people. We had a great 4th and it was so fun to spend time with the family. Chandler had t0 have surgery in July and that was a little scary. He had hypospadias repair surgery (look it up because I don't want to explain it). The surgery went great and he was back to jumping off the furniture the next day. Okay so it was not that eventful but it seemed like it was.
August was lots of fun we had a great trip to Santaquin for the Orchard days and had a fantastic time at the Rodeo and parade. Without school starting we have really been enjoying the fall.
Chandler is growing up so fast and loves to play all day long and watch lots of Disney movies. He is not a real big talker but he does love to give kisses and hugs. David is enjoying his job at Walgreen's and enjoys help Elder Nelson and President Eyring, it is a happening place. I am desperately trying to lose weight and it is not coming off very quickly. Besides not eating and attempting working out I have been decorating the new place and collecting Christmas decorationgs (I love Christmas). We are all happy and loving the cooler weather. We are getting the internet soon and will start posting some new pictures. Keep sending your emails so I can add you to my list!
Posted by The Blacks at 9:16 PM
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Hello friends family! Our little Black family is doing great. We love our new apartment and new city. I regret to inform you all that I have deleted my Facebook account and will not be going back. We will be back on the net soon and will start our blog up faithfully. We are however going to be going private I have alot of your addresses but please send my them if you are interested in veiwing our lives.
Posted by The Blacks at 10:37 AM
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
We have moved to Centerville and currently do not have internet. I will be trying to do post from the library so our blog may not be updated very often. Sorry :(
Posted by The Blacks at 9:42 AM
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
20 Years ago.
1. I was 3 years old.
2. I lived in Santaquin, in a single wide.
3. Most likley beating up on my little sister hailey and driving my mother crazy.
10 Years ago.
1. I was in Middle School.
2.I was going through my Jenco stage and thought I was hard core.
3. Started playing volleyball.
5 Years ago.
1. I was a senior in high school counting down the days to graduation.
2. I Worked at Subway in Santaquin.
3. I was getting ready to move to Blanding to go to school and coach volleyball.
3 Years ago..
1.David and I were married May 6th in the Provo Temple
2. We moved to Ogden.
3. I finished Nail Tech School in October.
1 Year ago.
1. Chandler was born.
2. We camped out on elkridge.
3. Lost 20 pounds and gained it back (not such a good thing)
So far this year.
1. David got a job with walgreens.
2. David graduated from WSU
3. Ran a 5 K.
1. Put up drapes, cleaned the bathroom, organized clutter, hung up shower curtain, painted furniture and packed for the new place in Centerville
2. Read scriptures with David.
3. Snuggled with Channy.
1. Have packed up most of the house
2. Washed all of the laundy.
3. Washed all of the dishes.
1. Finish Packing.
2. Hopefully have upstairs bathroom so clean you could eat off any surface.
3. Prime red wall.
In the next year I.
1.hopefully will lose 50 pounds??
2. Might be pregnant??
3. Might go on a fantastic family vacation.
I tag anyone who wants to do this.
Posted by The Blacks at 7:01 PM
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Saturday was the 5K I have been "training" for. It started at 7A.M. and it was a very chilly/blustery start at the mouth of Ogden canyon. My awesome sister in law Kaye ran with me. It was a great run. We took it slow and steady. We may have not gotten the best time in the world but I am VERY proud to say I did not walk one second of it! 3.2 Miles for a big gal is not bad!
Next race I will be sure to do my hair a little better and put on some makeup. :)
Posted by The Blacks at 8:18 PM
Monday, May 12, 2008
Posted by The Blacks at 8:34 PM
On friday the the 2nd of May David graduated from Weber State with his Bachelor degree! We had such a good day. First we went to Daniel's graduation (David didn't want to walk), then we went to the mongolian grill for some yummy food. It was a great day!
Posted by The Blacks at 8:22 PM
Posted by The Blacks at 8:15 PM
Posted by The Blacks at 7:53 PM
Okay so most days I don't mind being manager of our complex, but there are some days when I would like to punch some people in the face. About 10 minutes ago I see there is a message and unfortunately decided to listen. It is a tenant (of course) and they are wanting to know when their new stove is coming. Okay let me give you some background.... these kids who can't both be over the age of 20 just got married and think they are the coolest people in the whole world. First they wont let anyone work in their apartment unless they are there (I guess they are worried someone might steal their hand me down crap), they are always being complained about by their neighbor, and they call every week about their stupid stove they say doesn't work. Jose who is our new maintenance guy has been to their apartment at least 4 times and says every time that their stove works great. So thinking it is in working order we stop the shipment of the new stove. Two days later I get another phone call, they tell me it is not working again. Jose comes back over (Jose manages his own complex and doesn't have a lot of time to deal with stupid crap like this) after about 5 minutes in his apartment he comes and gets me to show me their stove. When I get to their apartment all four burners are blazing and the stove is roaring, so it works. So tonight I get this phone call and just want to call the kid and say "I don't care if your wife is a crappy cook and can't get a stove to turn on we are not getting you a new one so just deal with it." So I guess I am putting this on the blog so I don't make a huge jerk of myself and I will have Dave deal with it in the morning.
If you do read this thanks for listening to the stupid crap that goes on at our complex.
Oh yeah I am doing some major updating tonight!
Posted by The Blacks at 7:41 PM
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Posted by The Blacks at 9:39 AM
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Okay people, we DID NOT buy a mini-van because #2 is on the way. Just wanted to make that clear to everyone. No babies at this house for a little while.
Posted by The Blacks at 8:28 PM
Monday, April 21, 2008
Posted by The Blacks at 3:21 PM
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Posted by The Blacks at 8:14 PM
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Posted by The Blacks at 8:19 PM
Monday, March 24, 2008
Posted by The Blacks at 8:08 PM
Friday, March 21, 2008
We were lucky to have David's parents and sisters stay with us this week. We had such a good time. We watched some good movies, went to dinner, and attended a play at the Roger Memorial Theatre in Bountiful. We also had a fantastic Easter egg hunt.
Chandler loved picking up the eggs and shaking them:
Chandler's basket full of eggs (special thanks to Grandma Marcia for picking most of them up) :
Cute little jean jacket babies!
Posted by The Blacks at 8:11 PM