Monday, December 31, 2012
Sunday, December 23, 2012
So I have been MIA. Today I was looking back through my blog and was feeling super guilty. There are so many fun thins I have put on here over the last 5 years! So here we go again, but I am not going promise any kind of regular posts.
So.....today while looking through old photos I came across the pictures from the hospital when Chandler was born and noticed David's Adidas shirt I have been trying to get rid of for the last 7 years. Apparently it has some significance considering he has wore it to the birth of our two sons! Ha ha ha if only it had been washed when I had Brinlee.
Posted by The Blacks at 3:20 PM
Saturday, March 10, 2012
This video pretty much sums up how Brin's feels about the chickens. I think she is starting to think she is one.
Posted by The Blacks at 2:23 PM
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Valentine's Day at our house usually consists of eating a lot of candy and going to bed early. This year that was not to be the case. David surprised me with tickets to Thanksgiving Point's Valentine Dinner and Dance. Having seen the pictures on the website we decided we better get all dolled up for the event.
Posted by The Blacks at 5:21 PM
Thursday, February 2, 2012
To go to show and tell of course!
She walked around and checked out everything and didn't even poop on the floor or in the car.
Chandler told the kids how he feeds them, puts them in their coop and collects the eggs each morning.
Posted by The Blacks at 11:35 AM
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
In August we went to Colorado to visit Grandpa and Grandma Black on their mission. We had so much fun. We visited some fun towns and rode the train.
I could live in any of these homes. Georgetown was the most adorable town I have ever seen.
The Silver Plume train ride.
We purchased a season pass to the Dinosaur museum in Ogden. With the pass we also get in to the Union Station, the Zoo for 1/2 price and the Tracy Aviary. The kids love the Aviary and mom pretends she is in another world.
Posted by The Blacks at 6:49 PM
Friday, January 27, 2012
Posted by The Blacks at 3:51 PM
We are not animal people. I am not a bird person, remember this post? But David thought that we should try out chickens.
Posted by The Blacks at 2:55 PM
My dear friend Amy did a cute year in review on her blog. And since I am not creative nor do I want to figure out some awesome way of doing this I will steal her idea.
- Loves Tangled. Sometimes I catch her spinning in circles singing "When will my life begin!"
- Loves nursery. From the moment we enter the church she is wanting to know when she can go.
- Loves the chickens. I bet you didn't know we have chickens.
- Wants to potty train.
- "Shut the front door" is her saying of choice.
- Loves cousin Christian and always talks about him.
- Wants to kiss daddy all sacrament meeting and makes it known to all of the congregation(more on that later).
- We have had our share of coloring on the walls, emptied tubes of toothpaste and diaper rash cream, bite marks on various parts of our bodies(Chandler has had them on his bum), spilled or throw drinks at the dinner table, destroyed toys, destroyed DVDs , destroyed important paper work, emptied filling cabinets. Needless to say she is extremely busy and we love her very much; I think it is just a phase, well hopefully.
- Is loving his second year of the Busy Bee Preschool.
- Can recognize all letters and their sounds.
- Writes his name.
- Loves to play outside.
- Is the official egg collector.
- Is not a fan of church and loves to talk about how much he HATES it in his loud voice during the sacrament.
- Can beat the star wars Lego and Lego pirates wii games.
- Is the official dishwasher unloader
- Wants to play at Briggy's house everyday.
- Loves his army guys.
- Could possibly be an angel. This kid is so helpful and content to do just about anything. He doesn't like it when he hurts peoples feelings and is very sensitive to others.
- Is busy! Between work and his new calling as 1st counselor in the bishopric he is on the go.
- He took first place in the 25-29 age range for the Onion Days 10K.
- Went deer hunting for the first time since being married.
- Is training for a half marathon.
- Pumped the iron at Golds all summer.
- Went golfing all summer. Including some memorable moments with Ronni.
- Loving his chickens Sally and Jessie
- Raised 4 Cornish Hens and then butchered them in the garage with his true love. They were delicious.
- Is currently on vacation enjoying life.
- Grew a killer garden this year. Bottled 30 quarts of pickles, 30 pints of tomatoes, apple sauce, grape juice, salsa, and peaches.
- Pumped the iron all summer with Daverino.
- Is on her fourth class in the primary, and they are perfect angels.
- Might not be so afraid of chickens anymore.
- Plays on a ladies volleyball team and hopes she can move the next day and not pee her pants while jumping.
- Cooks, cleans and does all of her motherly duties with a smile (haha).
- Grow another garden.
- Install new flooring in our home.
- Go to Easterfest with the Van Ausdal family.
- Visit Scott and Kelly in San Diego.
- Expand our family (chickens or children).
- Go Camping.
- Love each other.
- Be more service oriented.
- Live at the park all summer
Posted by The Blacks at 2:04 PM
It has been a while, six months plus! I am here though ready to fill the void that my blog-less blog has put into your lives. My dear sister in law Lori had to have a minor surgery and now is in bed blog-stalking (according to her hubby). So Lori this is for you, blog-stalk away!
Posted by The Blacks at 2:03 PM