Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Punishment?

It's no secret that I hate birds. Their beaty little eyes, the fact that they don't really have a neck, and all of those disease infested feathers. YUCK!!!! And even right now as I type there is a puffed up robin trying to die on our lawn (or at least that is what it looks like, plus it didn't move when I threw dirt at it). I don't know why I hate/fear birds so much, maybe it is because they fall dead out of trees in front of me or without fail there is always a crazy bluebird that will try and attack me every summer.
So now I have come to the conclusion that I am just being punished. Yep that's right, this little mamma bird made her nest in our light. Now this wouldn't be that big of a deal but I have to walk right under this light to get to the car. Do I? No I walk out on the lawn and around avoiding any possible close encounter from this horrifying animal. I mean seriously could she have not made her nest in one of the hundreds of trees in the neighborhood? So now my goal is to nag David enough that he will move it. Wish me luck. This is a cute picture of Chandler I took today. He was really excited about finishing the rest of mom's watered down pop.










6 comments:

The Perry's said...

Oh Ronni! You are so funny! I remember when we had a bird and Brandon would chase you around the house with it.

Brad & Erica Dixon said...

I know why you're scared of birds! Grandma had that stupid parakeet when we were young....was his name Otis? Anyways, I'm pretty sure that he definitely caused some emotional scarring. Also, watching "The Birds" in highschool probably didnt help

Kyle and Dany said...

Grandma had that bird. But i think the Otis erica is talking about is from that movie she made us watch......Milo & Otis. Which caused a total different set of emotional problems. Bye.

Clayton & Kim said...

Pumpkin... you are SO funny! I have analyzed this fear of yours, using my great pyschology background and have discovered your fear of birds stems from your earlier fears of balloons and of clowns. Yes its true, the fact that ballons and birds both start with the letter "B" and they soar in the sky tends to allow for a displacement effect. The clown connection comes from....uhhhh oh ya its completely hillarious that you are scared of birds! ... I would suggest you quickly purchase a cat.

The Rasmussen Family said...

UGH! When we lived in Bountiful, we had the most annoying bird nest right outside our bedroom window! Every single morning it would start chirping at 5:00 and would not stop! Of course the only days it wouldn't chirp was on Sundays, when it knew we had to be up for church! I hated that bird. Jason finally did take its nest and move it. I can understand your frustration...Sorry you are afraid of them tho! Good Luck!

Marcia said...

I will quote you my favorite poem to help you get rid of your phobia:

Spring has sprung.
The grass has riz.
I wonder where them birdies is?