Thursday, April 9, 2009

Parties, presents and yummy cake.

Since Chandler's birthday was on Tuesday this year we had a big family party Sunday after conference. We enjoyed Chandler's favorite meal of chicken alfredo, breadsticks and pop (he loves pop, we are bad parents). Recently Chandler has decided to break away from the same old disney channel routine and has gained a great love for Spongebob Squarepants. Knowing he loves this show I attempted to create a cake that look like Spongebob, I couldn't find my cake decorating kit so I had to use plastic bags and this is how it turned out:
Please don't submit me to cakewrecks! I will say that it was really yummy, I got a recipie for buttercream icing from my aunt and it tasted like a professional bakery cake.

Chandler got all sorts of fun toys, clothes, coloring books and baby sports toys.




He was really excited to open the presents but when it came time to blow out his candles he was not so sure about it. He ran and hid in his bedroom when we started sining and luckly his older cousins helped him with the candles! We had a great time.

6 comments:

Clayton & Kim said...

You are soooo lucky! He is such a cutie!!

Amy said...

Happy birthday, Chandler!

Kara and Ty said...

The Cake turned out cute Ronni. Oh and guess what I am comming up to Ogden on the 20th and I will be in Layton as well so if you are going to be around we should get together I want to see your house.

Jeremy and Barbara Green said...

I love the cake! I don't think I could decorate a cake like that, it would look like a funny shaped blob! Chandler is such a cutie! I am excited to see the new addition to your family :)

Fords said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog! I'm glad you found me! I will send you an invite to my personal blog, but I don't have your email address. Send it to me at elise.ford@nebo.edu.

BTW, I can't believe that your baby is one! He is a cutie!

CK Black Family said...

What a cutie for running to his room when you were singing! Happy Birfday Chandler! Incredible cake decorating skills! Way to go Ronni AKA Domestic Goddess!