Tuesday, March 11, 2008

5K


It's true, I have been "training" for the Ogden Marathon 5K race. I have been running for about 2 weeks now with my friend Robin and some ladies from my ward. I am doing this not only for the shirt but also to get in to shape and lose some weight. This week David has been my partner and things have been going great. Yesterday I finished 1 whole mile! This is the first time I have ran a mile in over 3 years, it was a great accomplishment in my book. Today we went again and finished our mile in a slow 12 minutes 40 seconds. I am hoping to be running at least a mile and a half within the next week. The race is Saturday May, 17 and I am hoping and praying I can run three miles by then. I can't wait to cross the finish line.

7 comments:

Story Family said...

You go girl! What a great goal. I need to make one like that someday....
How did the condo hunt go? How much do I owe you, if you were able to make it to the infamous Toys-R-Us?

Tiffany P. said...

Good job Ronni! It's such a great feeling to get into shape, especially after becoming MOM! Dev bought me a treadmill for Christmas to make it easier to find time and I've been putting that to good use. Stick with your goal...YOu'll do great!

Anonymous said...

Go Pumpkin KICK BUTT!

Amy said...

Oh, Ronni... does it bring back images of the days Coach I would make us run around the bases? Good luck!

Amy

The Perry's said...

That is awesome that you are doing that. I need to start doing something like that. I need to go for walks now that it is warmer. I can take Morgan and Trucker.

Janice Twitchell said...

Way to go Ronni! I'm glad you found my blog! It's great to hear from you! We live in Cannonville, Ut. Where Cole is from, we just built a house and moved into it this past sept. We were huge about the same time! I'm proud of you for running! I just started running also in January and am now addicted to it! I've gotten to 3 miles so far, so keep up the good work and you'll finish the race in no time. Let me know how it goes! Thanks for contacting me! Keep in touch! love, jan

Janice Twitchell said...

oh. p.s. your little chandler is so cute! is he walking yet? Cambri's crawling but not walking. soon though. we'll have to hook them up!