Thursday, January 3, 2013

Redneck New Years!


Showing our true form as Rednecks we took the kids to the shooting range on New Years Day to shoot clay pigeons. It was a toasty  5 degrees so we all bundled up and jumped in the truck. 


Brinlee was our clay pigeon supplier.

 Chandler pulled the string for the thrower.
 Freezing our butts off!  David was making sure Brin was bundled. 
 A man with a shot gun.  Every woman's dream!  Eat your hearts out ladies he is mine.
 Pretty sure he didn't miss one!

The camera unfortunately died before I took my turn.  Without grandma's butt trimming magic I think I will wait for a while to post a few pictures of my self. :) I only missed 3 clay pigeons!  David was pretty impressed to say the least.
Please don't think we are unsafe parents. All hunter safety rules were followed and the kids were outside the truck for only 20 minutes.  The rest of the time was spent in the warm truck watching Brave.

We had a great day and a fun afternoon!

5 comments:

Lori and Brent said...

I didn't know that you guys shoot clays pigeons!! I love to do that!! We need to come see you guys again...;)

Marcia said...

Grandma's magic huh? It is all in the eyes of the beholder.

Story Family said...

Fun times. David looks like Tom Cruise from Top Gun in those rad aviators.

Mike and Emily Black Fam said...

Highway to the Danger Zone!

Unknown said...

Love! Good times. Can't wait to get out there and partay with you cool kids. MISS YOU! LOVE YER GUTS.