Monday, December 1, 2008

Chicken Chili

I love winter and all of the soups that come with it. My Aunt Tracy is a domestic goddess and shared this recipie with me. It is super yummy and great for cold winter days. I make mine in the crockpot and it is sooooooooooo good. I thought I would share it with you:

Chicken Chili (Ronni's way)

1lb Chicken (breast or tenderloin work well)
1 medium onion chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 can chicken broth
1 can chopped green chilies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp gound cumin
1 tsp dry oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
Throw everything in the crockpot and let it cook on low all day or at least 4 hours. The chicken can be frozen (you will need to cook it longer).

2 cans great northern beans
Add beans to chicken 1 hour before serving.

1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream
Stir in sour cream and whipping cream 1/2 hour before serving.

* I just use sour cream and thicken it with cornstarch.*

Serve in bread bowls or with bread sticks.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Thanks for the recipe, Ronni! Sounds great for a winter day.

Brandt Lovell said...

This sounds stellar.. is it thievery if I "ninja" it?