Friday, October 8, 2010

Lewis Lodge


Since we have been married David has always wanted to take me out to Lewis Lodge. I have usually been pregnant so it hasn't worked out. Well this trip was perfect for the hike. It wasn't too hot and I am not preggers (the perfect combinations for hiking).
Starting out the hike you are not quite sure where you are going to end up. We scaled some slick rock and ended up looking in to a giant canyon (top left). This is the point where I say "Where is the ruin?" and David laughs and says "In that tiny crack."
Standing there looking at the canyon we both felt so small in comparison. I thought that once we got into the ruin we would be far from the cliffs. Was I wrong! Straight plummet to DEATH(bottom right)! What in the world were the Anazi people thinking? And how did they build in such tight places on the faces of cliff? What did they do with their children?
P.S. ours were on top with Grandpa and Grandma

The Anazi people were truly insane as well as incredible builders. Even after years of weathering the Kiva was in pretty good shape and still had most of it's roof in tacked. The only thing that was strange is there were no petroglyphs. We had a great time and there was no crying.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Great pictures guys! It almost makes me want to take the hike-on-the-cliffs to see Lewis Lodge again.

Jaime Williams said...

I love this little cafe in Bluff, I wonder if you ate at the same one. Have you guys ever been to Mesa Verde in Colorado?? It is amazing, a bunch of Anazi ruins, It's not too far from Bluff in Cortez, we stopped at the cafe on the drive through!!